½ Cup Salted, Full-Fat Butter
1 Cup White Sugar
1 ½ Cups Soy-Free Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ - 1 Teaspoon Salt
3 - 4 Over-ripe Bananas
- Preheat oven to 325oF.
- Grease 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Blend in mashed bananas. (I like to use a potato masher.)
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
This is a recipe I make all the time. You will be surprised how moist it is. If you want to add walnuts, feel free, but I don't (my family doesn't like them).
On a side note, the amount of salt is based on personal preference. I find that 1/2 teaspoon is plenty. Also, the amount of bananas is based on size of the banana. If they are on the smaller size, 4 may be needed. And remember, the more over-ripe, the better! :)
I hope you enjoy this recipe like my family does. Comments welcome! :)
Note: This recipe is fish, egg and nut-free (as long as you don't add any), and only soy-free if you use all soy-free ingredients.
This recipe was submitted to