I originally got this recipe from Allrecipes.com as submitted by Polly Giebler under the title "Triple Berry Crisp". I modified it to be used with frozen berries and made a few things flexible, but otherwise, it is as I found it. :) This is great for those days you want something sweet that won't make you feel like you totally blew your diet since it's made with fruit. :) I hope you enjoy it!
Please note that this recipe is only soy-free if you use all soy-free ingredients, and it is fish, nut and egg-free.
Mixed Berry Crisp
2 bags (12 oz. each) of frozen mixed berries
4 1/2 Cups total of any of the following:
fresh blackberries, fresh raspberries, fresh blueberries, fresh strawberries
4 Tablespoons white sugar
2 Cups soy-free flour
2 Cups quick cooking or old fashioned oats
1 1/2 Cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
1 1/2 to 3 sticks salted, full-fat butter
1. Preheat oven to 350oF.
2. In a large bowl, gently toss together the berries and white sugar; set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg (if using).
4. Cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
5. Press half of the flour mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan, cover with berries, and then sprinkle the remaining flour mixture over the top of the berries.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
This is delicious as is or can be eaten with whipped cream or ice cream on top.