This recipe is original to me, though I used the baking directions on the Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix box. There's 2 says to make these bread sticks (pizza style (more crisp) or individual style (more soft)), and you can make them plain, savory, cheesy or sweet. They are super easy and relatively fast to make. Hope you have fun tinkering around with the recipe.
Plain Bread Sticks
1 to 2 boxes Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix
hot (NOT boiling) tap water
(1/2 Cup if using 1 box of mix, 1 Cup if using 2)
flour for kneading
(Make sure it's soy-free!)
2 to 3 Tablespoons salted, full-fat butter, melted
Pizza Style Method:
1. Preheat oven to 425oF.
2. Add water to contents of package in a bowl; stir until moistened. (If mixture is too dry, add a little more water, 1 Tablespoon at a time until all contents is MOISTENED only. It's supposed to be a bit sticky and lumpy.)
3. Cover bowl and let stand for 5 minutes in a warm place (about 85o). (I just put the bowl on the top of my stove top towards the back while the oven is preheating for this step. There's generally enough heat coming from the oven for the dough to rise this way.)
4. Knead the dough several times on a floured board/counter top.
5. Grease 12" or 14" pan.
6. Grease your fingers and press the dough into the bottom and sides of the pan into either a rectangle or circle shape. (Thickness is personal preference, but note that if it's thicker, the cooking time may be increased.)
7. Pre-bake dough for 2 to 3 minutes before brushing it with butter and returning it to oven to bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until dough is golden.
Individual Style Method:
1. Preheat oven to 375oF.
2. Follow steps 2 through 4 above.
3. Roll dough to 1/2" thick, cut into 1" bread sticks.
4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
Serve these plain or with soy-free spaghetti/pizza sauce.