This recipe I got from my mom's mom; a woman I affectionately call Granny. :) It's not a dish on it's own necessarily, though you certainly can eat it by itself. It's more meant to be a side-dish or topping for chicken or pork. I hope you enjoy it!
Please note that this recipe is only soy-free if you use all soy-free ingredients, and is fish, egg, nut and wheat-free.
2 large apples (any type that you like)
2 to 3 Tablespoons salted, full-fat butter
brown sugar, to taste
cinnamon, to taste
1 1/2 Tablespoons (4 1/2 teaspoons) water
1. Peel (if desired), core and slice the apples thinly (thickness based on personal preference).
2. In a medium skillet, melt the butter and add apples.
3. Add brown sugar, to taste.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon, to taste.
5. Add water and cover and simmer until apples are to desired tenderness.