Welcome to the second day of
I hope you all are enjoying this link-up as much as I am! Have you been over to Stacey's and Vanessa's blogs to check out the Valentine awesomeness they are sharing, too? I hope so!
I hope you are linking up your amazing Valentine-themed posts, as well! Remember there are NO LIMITS on how many posts you can submit, so the more the merrier! And each post you link-up is another chance to win our amazing giveaway! Pretty cool, right?
Anyway, here's what I've shared with you so far:
And now, for today, I'm going to show you an amazing way to use that syrup recipe from yesterday with a recipe for: Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Smoothies!
When my kids and I were talking about what recipes I should make for the link-up, my oldest piped up and said I most definitely should have a recipe with chocolate and strawberries in it and it should be a smoothie. Thus, Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Smoothies were born! It was a rather brilliant idea on his part, and oh so yummy, too!
This recipe is soy (if you use all soy-free ingredients), egg, fish, nut and wheat-free and can be milk-free (see variations). Now that's what I'm talking about!
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Smoothies
1/4 to 1/2 Cup soy-free vanilla or plain yogurt
2 Cups frozen strawberries
1/2 to 1 Cup Chocolate Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in the order listed in a blender (amount and type of yogurt and amount of syrup based on personal preference, though I recommend you start with the lesser amount and add more if desired) and blend until smoothie mixture is to the desired consistency. (Note: You may need to pulse the mixture on an "ice crusher" mode until it breaks down a little before going full boar.)
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Makes 2 to 3 servings.
- Milk-Free: Substitute a dairy-free yogurt such as SoDelicious for the yogurt.
- Chocolate-Covered _____ Smoothies: Substitute frozen mixed berries, blueberries, cherries, bananas, etc. for the strawberries.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream, more chocolate syrup, heart-shaped sprinkles, mini chocolate chips and/or strawberry slices...Whatever you want to do to fancy it up and make it festive and fun!
Super simple, versatile and so very, very yummy! Life doesn't get much better than this!
This recipe was submitted to:
Food on Friday on Carole's Chatter
Now it's your turn!