Today I have a guest who I would consider to be one of my "blogger besties" sharing a delish, allergy-friendly recipe with us. She's simply amazing! I seriously love this gal! She is a military bride-to-be, and I couldn't have more respect for her and her fiance. Besides that, she sends out the cutest care packages, makes some amazing looking goodies and crafts, has a huge heart and teaches to boot!
Y'all, give it up for my buddy,
Jo of Jo, My Gosh!
(and please leave her some comment love below)
Hi! I'm Jo, the blogger behind Jo, My Gosh! Join me as I blog about deployment, care packages, recipes, crafts, and everything in between!
My fiance and I love to eat. We have the same tastes and we love trying out new restaurants and new recipes. Right before John deployed (and incidentally, the weekend he proposed), I made this absolutely delicious roasted vegetable dish. We paired it with tilapia, a garden salad, and pineapple garnish. Really, though, I could have eaten the whole pan as the main dish... and the side dish... and dessert! I can't promise you that you'll be proposed to the weekend you try out this recipe, but it couldn't hurt, could it?
Lemon Roasted Veggies
- 2 pounds new potatoes halved or quartered
- 1 sliced lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and/or black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup red onion, cut into strips
- 2-3 cups of sliced zucchini
- Heat oven to 450 F. In a dish or bowl, toss the potatoes and lemon with the oil. (Add a pinch of salt and pepper as you see fit.)
- Roast in a baking dish or cookie sheet for 20 minutes and toss.
- Then add zucchini and onions. Roast for another 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Toss with dill before serving.
Note: I found the original recipe here, but jazzed it up with zucchini and onion mainly because I'm a fool for them! Carrots and yellow squash could also work as delicious additions or substitutions for this recipe.
(Note from Julie: This recipe is soy, fish, nut, egg, wheat and milk-free.)
You can connect with Jo at the following locations: