Welcome to the final day of
Today is the last day of our link-up and your last chance to enter your posts for a chance to win our giveaway, so please keep those amazing Valentine-themed posts coming through 10pm EST tonight! Remember there are NO LIMITS on how many posts you can submit, so the more the merrier! And each post you link-up is another chance to win our amazing giveaway, too!
If I haven't been by yet to check out your submission, don't worry - I will! :) I cannot wait to see what you've shared!
Don't forget to head over to Stacey's and Vanessa's blogs to see their posts, too! You're missing out if you don't! Tomorrow, we will also be sharing our TOP 5 FAVES (that's up to 15 different ones, people) so you'll probably want to follow them, too, so you don't miss a thing! AND we have a special surprise for you all! Oh, the fun that tomorrow holds!!!
Anyway, enough on that for now. Here's what I've shared with you so far:
And today's recipe that is super rich and full of chocolate-y goodness (Can you tell I love chocolate and think it's the PERFECT Valentine's food?!?!?): Flourless Chocolate Cake!
This is a recipe that I got from King Arthur Flour that I modified just slightly that is soy (if you use all soy-free ingredients), fish, nut and wheat-free and can be milk-free (see variations). It's super decadent, full of chocolaty flavor and so very easy to make. If you are a chocolate lover and a fan of rich desserts, this is for you!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
1 Cup soy-free chocolate chips
(I recommend Enjoy Life, which is also dairy-free, but you can use any chocolate that fits your allergen needs)
1/2 Cup salted, full-fat butter
3/4 Cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1/2 Cup cocoa powder
confectionery sugar and/or heart-shaped sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Put the chocolate and butter into a medium-sized sauce pan and heat over low heat, stirring continuously until the butter and chocolate and melted; transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the sugar, salt and vanilla into the chocolate mixture until well-blended.
- Add the eggs to the mixture; beat the mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the cocoa powder until just combined.
- Pour/spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 25 minutes. (Note: The top will have formed a thin crust, and it should register at least 200°F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into its center, if you want to double check if it's done or not.)
- Remove the cake from the oven, and cool it in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the pan with a butter knife, and turn it out onto a serving plate. (Note: You can leave it this way or re-invert it, whichever you like. The edges will probably crumble a bit, which is perfectly normal, too.)
- Sprinkle the cake with confectionery sugar and/or heart-shaped sprinkles if desired, or enjoy as is.
Serves 8 to 12 servings.
Variations (Please keep in mind your individual allergen needs when using substitutions.):
- Use whatever flavor chocolate you like best: milk, white, semi-sweet, dark, etc.
- Mocha Flourless Chocolate Cake: To enhance the chocolate flavor, add 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder. To get a mocha flavor, add 2 or 3 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso powder.
- You can serve this cake drizzled with caramel, berry or chocolate sauce or even topped with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
So fudgy and rich! Simply amazing!
This recipe was submitted to:
Now it's your turn!